RESIDENTIAL / HOMEOWNER
Presidential Window Products has everything residential contractors and homeowners need to find the perfect window treatments. Whether you need to cover windows in one room or an entire house, our affordable solutions allow you to control light, add privacy and energy efficiency, while adding to the beauty of your home.
Whether you are looking for faux-wood blinds or custom wood shutters, Presidential Window Products has a wide variety of products and manufacturers to help you find the right window treatment for your style and budget.
We offer window treatments from the top residential and commercial manufacturers including:
- Hunter Douglas
- Spring Window Fashions/Bali
- Draper @Home
Ready to get started?
HOW TO MEASURE FOR BLINDS AND SHADES
MEASURING FOR INSIDE MOUNT BLINDS AND SHADES
Inside mount blinds and shades are window treatments that showcase your mouldings and trim. They are mounted on the inside of the window frame.
1. Measure the depth of your window frame, from the front of the opening to the glass. You will need this measurement to determine if your window meets the minimum depth requirement for an inside mount blind or shade. You will need to refer to the Mounting Requirements section for the specific blind or shade you have selected.
2. Measure the width of each window. Be sure to measure and record the width of the window at the top, middle, and bottom of your window opening. Mark the narrowest measurement of the three – this is the width measurement you will submit for your window.
3. Measure the height of your window in three places – left, center, and right. Mark the tallest measurement – this is the number you will submit for your window’s height.
4. Order the exact opening size with no deductions. The manufacturer will take deductions in production.
5. Double check that you submit your measurements in the correct format. Width (W) x Height (H)
Note: These measurement guides are general recommendations. It is also recommended that you check the manufacturer’s guide for your specific window treatment. For manufacturer’s measurement guides you can visit their website or contact our team.
MEASURING FOR OUTSIDE MOUNT BLINDS AND SHADES
Outside mount blinds and shades are window treatments that are mounted on the outside of the moulding, trim, or window opening.
1. Check the manufacturer’s website for the mounting requirements on your blinds or shades to ensure that you have enough flat surface for the mounting hardware.
2. Determine the width of the blinds or shades that you want to order. If you have trim or moulding around your windows, measure to the far edges of the trim or moulding from left to right.
3. If you do not have trim or moulding around your window, it is recommended to add 1.5 to 2 inches on each side of the window to provide for privacy and light gap coverage. To measure, mark these additions on each side and measure the width between them in a straight line.
4. Determine the height of the shades or blinds. If you have a window sill and want the blinds or shades to rest on the window sill when closed; start at the sill and measure three inches beyond the top of the window opening to accommodate for mounting hardware and to add a little weight for the window covering to rest properly on the sill.
5. If you do not have a window sill, it is recommended to start your measurement two inches below the window for maximum coverage and then measure three inches beyond the top of the window to accommodate for the mounting hardware.
6. Double check that your measurements and be sure to follow the width by height format (W x H).
Remember, with outside mount shades and blinds, your product will be made to the exact specified size.
Note: These measurement guides are general recommendations. It is recommended that you check the manufacturer’s guide for your specific window treatment. For manufacturer’s measurement guides you can visit their website or contact our team.
Want to hire a professional?
We look forward to assisting you. Our team is available Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm.
3 Easter Court
Owings Mills, MD 21117